Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
We went to Ocean City, MD last weekend. We left on Friday night at about 10:00 (I had a work party that I had wanted to go to) and got to Ocean City about 1:30 with a few stops in between so we made really good time going that late at night. My mother-in-law, Robin, rode down with us and kept me company while I drove the last half and Mike slept in the back. We stayed with Mike's family; Aunt Shirley, Aunt Vicki, Grace, Ben and Ben's girlfriend, Jenny. They had been there for over a week and invited us to come stay with them if we wanted. Mike, me, Cameryn and Luke all slept in one room with Mike and Luke on the floor on a blow-up mattress and me and Cameryn in the bed. Unfortunately we got woken up early so I was so tired all day but it was still fun being on the beach. I haven't been to Ocean City in about 10 years.
We spent that whole first day on the beach and boy did Cameryn have fun. She played and played and played. She dug holes for herself and buried everyones feet. She ran down to the water (always supervised of course) picked up handfulls of sand to throw in the water and then run away from it before it could get her wet. She had almost everyone take her into the water with them and had so much fun especially with her Daddy. Ben, Grace and Jenny started building this huge sandcastle which Cameryn had fun destroying later. She was so busy all day.
Luke, on the other hand, would not have anything to do with the sand. I was all for making him get used to it but everyone else picked him up and sat him on chairs or their laps. Somehow it didn't occur to me to go get Cameryn's crocs for him to wear, but I'm an idiot sometimes. He spent most of the day sitting on Aunt Shirley's lap or in the chair next to her and he talked and talked.
Everyone came in between 4-6 and got ready to go to dinner. Cameryn and Luke both fell asleep in the car on the way to dinner. I guess it's exhausting at the beach even when you do nothing but sit all day. Luke woke up when we got there and ate a ton of pizza but Cameryn somehow stayed asleep. I figured she would wake up when we sat down, but not so. Then I had to go to the bathroom and handed her off to Aunt Shirley thinking she would wake up then, no again. She slept all through dinner in a loud restaurant. I took her back to carry her to the car when we were leaving and she whimpered in the car cuz she wanted to go home to sleep. She screamed a little when I put her pj's on and then made her go to the bathroom but as soon as I laid her down in the bed, she was out. She slept 13 hours that night, poor little tired girl.
We went to the boardwalk on Sunday after packing up the car and Robin bought Luke a little outfit and Cameryn a pretty dress that she picked out herself. We left at about 12:30 to go home. We stopped shortly after though to eat lunch before Luke fell asleep. Somehow with 13 hours of sleep Cameryn was still tired and she was the one to fall asleep. Luke stayed awake the whole 4 hours home and all through traffic too.
It was a fun weekend but I would love to have more than one day at the beach, it's just not enough!!
Luke with Vicki in the waves.
Ben and Jenny starting to build a big sand castle for Cameryn. She had fun getting into the big hole they dug and then she had even more fun stepping on all the castles and the whole outside of it, too bad I missed it cuz I fell asleep.
Here he his again with Aunt Shirley, talking up a storm I'm sure. He talks so much now it's crazy.
Luke playing with Grace while we were waiting for everyone to get ready to leave for dinner. He had so much fun with her and kept saying, "Grace, chase me" though of course it sounded more like "Gace" and not Grace.
Poor tired Cameryn on the boardwalk. She really wanted to go home. She wanted to carry her own dress though and wouldn't let me carry it with my stuff, not like it was heavy.
I couldn't get her car seat to recline though I really tried. I would have had to take her out first and then do it. So she was stuck like this.
Luke awake the whole time!!! Little punk. He was complaining right then about wanting to get out of his seat.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I've posted some of the pictures she's taken with my camera but I should start putting up some of her cute pictures that she draws. Most of them are typical kid pictures with a head and the arms and legs coming out of the head but every so often there will be a really good one.
I love my little girl. She is so creative and she loves to make up stories to tell to me and bring me pictures that she has drawn for me or other people. She also comes to me occasionally with pictures to send to Ezra out on his mission. Oh and speaking of missions, Ezra is now out of the MTC and in Uruguay!! Please remember to keep him in your prayers.
Anyways, maybe I'm over reacting since she's my daughter but I really do think that the picture above is pretty good. Oh well, what is a blog for if not to brag and show off our kids most of the time, while complaining about them the other times. Haha, just kidding about that part.
1. I love my name!!
2. I don't have a middle name and I like it that way (I mean really.. what goes with Daisy besides something non original and country sounding like Daisy May- thank you mom and dad)
3. I was born on Leap Day (February 29th).
4. I have had only 7 real birthdays.
5. There are 5 girls and 3 boys (including me) in my family. (Lindsey, Jessica, me, Mary, Andrew, Ezra, Kathryn and Devon)
6. I love love love having a big family but only wish that we all lived closer.
7. I have a big extended family as well with lots of awesome cousins on both sides.
8. I miss running Cross Country in high school.
9. I always said I would never miss high school and I don't but for the running and competition at the meets.
10. I helped my team to win States in Cross Country my sophomore year of high school!!
11. We actually won the Triple Crown that year (States in XC, Indoor and Outdoor track) although I didn't place well enough in Indoor or Outdoor to make a difference but at least I did in XC.
12. I need at least 3 miles to be really competitive in running and be able to pace myself better- I am not a short distance runner.
13. Yes, I think the 1 and 2 mile event is short distance (it's like a 2 mile sprint and I can't do that- can you? especially not indoors- not enough air and too dry)
14. I started running in the 4th grade and placed 4th in my first race ever.
15. I got 6th place the next year.
16. My Elementary school gym teacher was very encouraging and I'm still grateful for him.
17. I made it on the XC States team my freshman year of high school.
18. I loved the States meet, it was sooooo hard with TONS of hills but it made me feel so tough and strong and awesome.
19. I am SUPER competitive but I hide it (hopefully pretty well). I don't like people to know how much losing makes me angry.
20. I took a weight training class once a semester in high school and loved it.
21. One reason was to help me stay in shape and gain more muscle for XC and track.
22. Another was because not many girls used to take those classes which made it more fun for me.
23. Out of the few girls that did take those classes, I was almost always the strongest despite my size (like 98% of the time and I'm not exaggerating) and that included all 4 classes (we were on a block schedule at my school- 4 classes a day per semester).
24. Once a girl I didn't like beat me during testing on the rowing machine by like 1 or 2 seconds and I was so pissed, I couldn't wait until retesting.
25. I never got beat again on the rowing machine.
26. I used to be deceptively strong and hope one day to be that way again. I miss my old body.
27. I love playing most sports.
28. I'm not super good at any one in particular but I am decent enough in most of them that people like me on their team.
29. I worked for one summer at my friends golf course for my first job when I was 17.
30. My next job was at a car dealership during my senior year.
31. I went to Ricks College (now BYU-Idaho) for 3 semesters.
32. I had the best roommates, Kiirsten and Tara!!
33. We did have a little bit too much fun though... *cough* a visit to the Dean's office *cough*
34. I met my husband Mike when I came home for summer break to Maryland.
35. I went back to Ricks for one more semester after that then came home and got a job.
36. I started working at a law firm in Rockville, Maryland.
37. I really liked working and being a legal secretary. Though it was a family law firm (divorce, child custody, etc.) and sometimes it wasn't fun dealing with the lawyers, I loved the office staff.
38. I have 2 kids- Cameryn and Luke (duh- this blog is for them).
39. I nursed both of my children. Cameryn for 17 months then she weaned herself and Luke for 19 months.
40. I love cats but unfortunately have to have a dog in the house too cuz that's what my husband likes.
41. The cat we have now is a pretty decent cat too and not at all a psycho (at least not yet)(I think our house is cursed against cats or something but I can't get into my cat problems now).
42. When I was still at home during high school , I drove my dad's old Ford truck or the family big blue van.
43. In 1999, my parents bought a car from the dealership that I worked at, a '91 Dodge Omni which I LOVED!!!! They let me use it as my car though they made it clear that it wasn't MY car.
44. Since meeting Mike and being married to him we have had about 8-10 cars. Not because they broke or anything, just Mike's ever changing want for a different car.
45. My Omni was my favorite car until Mike and I bought our Nissan Sentra (six speed manual, blue, and AWESOME)
46. I took my drivers test on a manual and passed the first try.
47. I prefer driving a stick but I'm stuck with a van for now- boooooooo.
48. I have lots of fond memories of vacationing with my family.
49. I hope that I can give my kids those same kinds of memories. Even in some of the same places.
50. One of my goals as a parent is to have my kids be as close to each other as I feel me and my siblings are now.
51. I hope to have 1 or 2 more children.
52. I had no problem getting back down to my pre-baby weight.
53. In fact, after Cameryn I went down to less then I was before (thank you breast feeding!!)
54. We didn't mean to get pregnant with Luke, but he has become the most wonderful accident ever.
55. I loved to swim when I was pregnant and recommend it to anyone else who is- it is the BEST!!
56. I gain a TON of weight when I am pregnant, about 50-60 pounds even though I walked a lot and ate healthy (but I still had a few guys hollaring at me when seeing me from behind, so somehow I must have still looked good- go me)!!
57. I am naturally thin and I used to be in shape, but with two kids, I don't seem to be able to find the time anymore. I hope one day to be toned and in shaped instead of just thin.
58. Once I start working out, I am happier and I love to do it. I just have to get started.
59. My favorite thing to do in the world (besides spend time with Mike and my kids) is to read. Ask anyone. (Last summer when the last Harry Potter came out, I was on vacation in Utah for 3 weeks with my family. I was going to wait until I got home to buy it and read it but I only lasted a day. I bought it at Target the day after it came out and read every possible second while trying not to be rude and cut into my time with my sisters. I guess I wasn't as successful as I thought I was cuz I think they got a little offended- sorry about that L and J)
60. I can zone out almost anything in order to read and hate to be interrupted (my often frustrated husband can definitely testify to that).
61. I get REALLY into some books. I cry and laugh and can get really into the emotions of the book sometimes. I have even gotten depressed FOR a character while reading a book recently.
62. I can be the same way with movies and TV shows too. I cry easily.
63. If I find a book or movie that I really like, I can read it/watch it over and over. But I never buy it before I've read it or seen it. (I can add TV shows in there I guess since you can buy seasons on DVD now).
64. I like to play video games too though I don't consider myself a "gamer".
65. I hate to cook but I love to bake.
66. I like to color still. I especially like to color with/for Cameryn with crayons and markers.
67. I would love to start buying art supplies for myself and painting in any spare time.
68. I want my kids to know that education is important and that they should develop and continue developing as many talents as they can, not just get by at the bare minimum.
69. I would love to have a big backyard with a nice garden, a couple of small playground things for my kids, lots of trees and a trampoline.
70. I was born in Frankfurt, Germany.
71. My family moved to Utah for four years while my dad went to BYU.
72. After he graduated, we moved to Indiana for two years where I met my best friend, Heidi. Our families are still really great friends to this day.
73. We then moved to Maryland when I was six where we have lived ever since.
74. I love my straight brown hair and brown eyes (with a tiny bit of green in them). I have always had a thing for those same traits in others (obviously my husband has those same features).
75. I'm happy that my little boy is a brown haired, brown eyed cutie!! And of course I still love Cameryn with her adorable blond hair and brown eyes (just like mine with a little bit of green) but I'm still hoping her hair will darken up a tad.
76. On my dad's side of the family, there are only two of us out of 20 cousins that have brown hair AND brown eyes (me and my cousin Jeff).
77. I love living on the east coast and am sad that so many members of my immediate and extended family have moved to the west and a lot of my friends are there too.
78. I have always enjoyed history and like being so close to so many historical and awesome places to visit.
79. Though I wouldn't mind living out west either (I love the no humidity thing and the mountains are awesome), I still like the east best with it's beautiful green trees everywhere, rather than brown brown brown with some pine trees thrown in here and there.
80. I rarely ever wear makeup. I used to wear it everyday but with kids now, I find it annoying and pointless. Plus I think I look fine without it.
81. I don't really fix my hair either (of course I brush it though). I can do ponytails for a short period (headaches) and a few other simple fixes but I just don't see the need. Plus I can't do it.
82. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
83. I grew up going to primary and then when I was older going to youth activities.
84. I especially loved Youth Conferences.
85. My favorite one was when our Stake did handcart companies like the pioneers. We were all in families (4 guys, 4 girls, a mom and a dad) in our wards and we each had to put our belongings into our own handcart and pull/push them on trails for 3 days.
86. It was exhausting but so much fun and we all got really close in our "families" (there were a few exceptions like in one of my sister's family) and as a ward. When we were finally done and the whole stake was gathered, our ward had the most fun together playing games (hehe- my sisters remember how much fun).
87. I was also able to go up to Palmyra, New York twice for Youth Conference, but they weren't as fun as the hand cart one.
88. I love Root Beer and a close second is refreshing cold water.
89. I used to take horseback riding lessons in middle school and I would love to have my own horse that I could ride whenever I wanted to; sigh maybe one day when I'm rich (hahahaha).
90. I love jeans and t-shirts and could own hundreds of each if I had the money. I am most comfortable and feel most sexy in an awesome pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt.
91. I would like to start wearing earrings again and maybe occasionally other pieces of jewelry when the situation calls for it. But mainly the earrings.
92. I love my husband and I need to say it more. I appreciate him so much and he does so many wonderful things for me.
93. I enjoy doing crafty, fun and creative things (except scrapbooking- can't seem to get into that one, I do photo albums) though I don't really own anything but crayons and markers and a sewing machine so I should probably work on getting some more of that kind of stuff.
94. I hate getting into cold swimming pools no matter how hot it is outside. The water needs to be a tad warm or at least like when you first turn on the tap water and it's not too cold or too hot.
95. I love to get pedicures and I only put nail polish on my toenails.
96. I hate my hands and fingernails and don't want to draw attention to them so I don't paint them. I have very weak nails and they grow out weird so I have to keep them short.
97. I love playing any kind of game especially with family. I'm a lot like my mom that way.
98. I daydream a lot and can get a little carried away.
99. I want to travel more but will have to wait till the kids are older.
100. I have put off posting tons of cute funny stories to finish this because I wanted it to be my actual 100th post.
Okay, so I finished!! YAY!! Comment away! (please, I need more comments)
Friday, August 15, 2008
I was glad that here at least Luke would be able to ride some of the rides. They actually had a ton of rides for him. And boy did he have fun. Him and Cameryn would run from ride to ride and get really impatient when we had to wait. We went on the big carousel first and Luke did not want to get off. I had to gently and nicely talk him into letting me pry his fingers off the horse. I didn't want a scene of crying so early in the day but I told him we would take him to more rides and he finally let go. The funny thing was, he rarely looked like he was having fun. He mostly had this serious look on his face and it took him seeing Cameryn laughing and having fun for him to smile. Luke loved all the train rides too, what is it with boys and choo choos.
Yes, my eyes are closed but this is what Luke looked like on most of the rides so I thought I would put it in anyways, even though I look stupid.
Don't you love that face!! She was all smiles and laughing and then we saw her put the end of the seat belt in her mouth and told her to stop. So of course right as she got close enough to take a picture this was her facial expression. I thought it was funny so I kept it. She was very sweet though with Luke. She kept putting her arms around him and hugging him the whole time.
We went on this one ride called Rodeo. Mike rode with Luke and I rode with Cameryn. It was a big circle and would go around and around while going up and down. Well Cameryn was laughing and giggling the whole time saying that it was tickling her belly (you know like when you go up and down a steep hill really fast and your stomach drops). Her laughing is so contagious and had me laughing as well. Then Luke sees the kids sitting in front of him raising their arms up and he puts his up in the air as well. It was so cute!
Luke loved this ride on the "hetopter". Though most of the time he called it an airplane but hey, close enough.
After some more rides we went to have lunch. It wasn't that good but we all ate it anyways. Plus there was free ice cream!
We took the kids over to the little mini swings after we ate lunch. Luke LOVED the swings. It was so cute. He kept making the cutest faces at us and laughing when we made faces at him on each turn.
Look at that sweet smile!! I can't get enough of that boys little face.
After the last ride (above), we went to the Chocolate factory to go on the tour there (and get into some AC). The kids enjoyed it and we all got to rest for a bit. Robin bought both the kids a souvenir T-shirt and we all got cookies, yummy!!
It was still only about 4:00 I think but we were all tired anyways so we headed to the car, Mike's parents had driven with us. Somehow Mike had gotten on a different road on the way home. It still took us home and we knew where we were but it was a longer way around. I wasn't paying attention even though I was in the front seat because I was reading (Breaking Dawn there and back in the car- as long as I'm in the front seat I won't get car sick while reading). It took so long on the way back that we were all hungry again so we stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner. I always order breakfast when I'm there, it's so good!!
Anyways, it was a really fun trip with the kids and Luke only took a short nap in the car, which turned out well since he went to bed right when we got home instead of wanting to stay up. I should have my hundredth post up soon!! I'm excited that I've actually done that many! It'll probably be after this weekend though since we are trying to go to Ocean City this weekend. Here's hoping!!
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Luke's birthday was over a week ago and I'm finally getting around to posting it now. I was going to do it on Sunday since I was busy Friday (his actual birthday) and Saturday (his birthday party), but I got to into changing my blogs look and never got around to actually writing in it.
So I have given Luke his very late summer hair cut. I hate cutting it so short but he is such a hot sweaty boy and a few minutes outside was enough to plaster it to his head. Plus he is usually not cooperative when we cut his hair so I just buzzed it all off. He was so good though. He just sat there and didn't cry out once. After I was done, I took him outside to brush all the hair off and he was starring at his reflection in the door and rubbing his head. He loved it. I still am catching him rubbing it, unfortunately a lot of the time with food all over him. The other day we were eating spagetti and his head was all orange by the time we got him down from him rubbing it with spagetti all over his hands. I do love to feel those buzz cuts too though. Everytime I ask him where his hair went he says, "hair all gone, ____ did it" I did ___ because he always says that someone else did it besides me, Opa (my dad), Boss (Kathryn), Devon, Bamma (my mom) and the list could go on. He laughs cuz he knows he's just being silly.
Anyways, back to his birthday. We didn't do alot for his birthday on Friday except tell him it was his birthday and keep him busy and have fun. We had the party on Saturday at a park near my parents house. I have usually had all my kids parties at my house but it's so much more preparation to clean and get ready and then you have to repeat it once everyone is gone. I am just too tired and worn out and busy to do that this year. Mike reserved it (using my parents address since we aren't living in the city so it was only $15) so we would would have dibs on the pavilions in case there were other people there. It a really nice little park and I loved having his party there. It's got a small basketball court, a net set up to play with, swings and a playground.
We still only invited family and a few friends cuz Luke is still only 2 and I'm not into the huge kid parties for little kids. I've decided to let Cameryn have a bigger party this year with friends but she will be 4 soon and I think thats a better age and she will enjoy it more. None of our friends were able to come so it was just my family (whats left of them here, though poor Devon didn't feel well) Mike's parents, grandmother, two of his aunts and his cousin Ben. It was so much fun though. My mother-in-law, Robin, really did a lot for the party on Saturday too. She bought a lot of the plates and all that kind of nesecary stuff along with ballons and brought lots of food. Everyone else brought at least one thing and Mike and I did hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone.
This was the only picture I managed to get of Cameryn and Ben playing. they were running around so much and I had to quickly snap this one but I think I got a good one.
Mike's Aunt Shirley made the main cake for Luke in the shape of a motorcycle. It was so awesome. It was pretty good too. Though I have a preference (obsession) for those whipped cream cakes too so we bought a very small one from a store for people who wanted a choice.
** breaking news- as I was typing this Luke made me stop so I could change his diaper saying there was poop in it. So I get a clean diaper and wipes and there is no poop. I'm about to put on the new diaper but Luke is yelling no and I can see that he is about to poop. I pick him up and run him over to his new potty. He sits on it and then gets scared and tries to get up but - too late- I hear the music play and there is poop in the potty!!!!! My baby boy just pooped for the first time in his new potty. Of course he really isn't completely ready for potty training but I thought, why not, he hadn't pooped in the diaper yet and it was going to come out anyways. Back to my other story now**
You can see what his favorite toys were. He would get upset if anyone even touched one of them.
So after we packed up the toys, we all talked for a while longer until it started to sprinkle outside and decided it was probably time to go home, especially since Mike drove his motorcycle. It turned out so well and I didn't have an entire house to clean afterwards so it was great on so many levels.
I'm so proud of my little boy. He is growing up so quickly and talking so well now. More people can understand him now and he is just so funny. He loves to play play play but is so well behaved when it is naptime or bedtime. He makes my life happier just by being in it and am so glad that he is mine.
He is learning how to do more and more things and can be a real menace on his new little tricycle though I guess we shouldn't let him do it in the house, but there are too many mosquitos outside. The way he jumps to me or anyone in the pool and laughs and smiles just makes me happy no matter what is going on in my life. I love to see him and Cameryn playing and getting along and laughing together. They really love each other so much already and I love to see them so close. Luke is also the hugging and kissingest boy in the world sometimes. He will be playing and periodically just get up and come over and kiss my knee or arm or whatever it is he reaches first.
He likes to pick out his own clothes now and can be kinda picky sometimes too. He loves to look at books and be read to. He loves to be outside and at the park or the pool but especially at his Bamma's house playing with Boss and Devon!! I am so lucky to have them living close and I am so thankful for their willingness to watch my kids. Luke and Cameryn love to have them over at our house too. Okay well I guess this is long enough already (I can't seem to do a short post can I) but I just couldn't settle with just a few pictures so here we are, yes, another montage by me.