Friday, June 29, 2007
The Rules: Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. Players should tag a few other people and notify them they have been tagged.
1. I really hate to cook. Breakfast of course is easy and always yummy so that's no problem. Lunch isn't too bad either I guess, but I still wish I didn't have to do it. I think the problem is that I'm not a very creative person with my cooking. I can make a few things really well but other then that I'm lost. I'm not good at cooking meats either so Mike usually does that part no matter who is actually making the dinner. I do all these things anyways of course since I have children and me and my husband need to eat to live but I HATE cooking.
2. This is in answer to Gina's #2. I DO love to run. It is weird I know, but I love to go running. Of course, I have been running since elementary school and ran Cross Country and Track in high school. I was pretty good if I do say so myself. I have recently begun working out again by following (or trying to) this program I found on the Internet and I love the days where I get to run. It's great when you hit that stride and you feel like you have all this energy and could run for hours. Unfortunately I sometimes have to miss those days because of other engagements or I just run out of time after my kids go to bed. That's my favorite time to run because the day is cooling down and there's not as much humidity.
3. I am really good at zoning out other people and noises. I have a very large family and I love to read so when I was younger and I wanted to be able to concentrate on my book (or other things) I could easily just zone everything else out. I still do it but I've been trying hard to get better about not doing it. It's very inconvenient to do since I have children now because who knows what they are getting into while I'm sitting there doing dishes while daydreaming or thinking about a book I am reading. Plus it really annoys my husband.
4. I love to read and am a pretty fast reader. I get really weird when I don't have any book to read. I feel like I'm missing something. I'm not saying I sit around all day and read (though I would like to) but I like to have something to read when I'm nursing or at night after the kids go to sleep. I need to find a book club again so that I can have more suggestions of books to read. I was in one last year but when school got out all the other moms kinda drifted off and then we never started it back up again when school was back in session.
5. Along the same lines as #4, when I find a really great book I like to try to read it a least once every year or two. I have a lot of books that I really like too. I am just that kind of person though. My favorite book is called Shadow of the Moon and I definitely make sure to read that one often. It is just too good. I've been working on my book collection and it's pretty good though there are a lot more that I want but I don't really have the room for them. I'm glad I live right down the street from the library.
6. I'm the same way with movies too. I like to watch them over and over again. My husband doesn't get that but most of my family is the same way. We like to quote and laugh about our favorite parts from our favorite movies all the time. We've even quote T.V. shows.
7. I am OBSESSED with ebay. I love going on there and looking for pretty much anything. I love the watching, the bidding, the winning (especially that), the selling, the feedback... I just love everything about ebay. I get so excited when an item I am either bidding on or selling is about to close. I will constantly refresh the page to see exactly how much time is left and if there are any new bids that I either need to outbid or just shout for joy cause I'll be getting more money!! So unfortunately this all means that I pretty much have to stay away from it unless I really do need something. I am really addicted to that site. I can spend LOTS of money there (of course while getting tons of great deals in the process).
8. I have a shameful secret. I occassionally like to watch Days of Our Lives. I know, I know, so stupid and corny, but it makes me laugh and every once in a while I like to watch all that dumb drama. I could not watch it for a whole year and catch up on all that has happened in about one week. The stories are so stupid and unreal; it's GREAT!!! I have watched it on and off for a long time actually. This one summer most of my family was watching it and we would all laugh hysterically at the stories. Ahhh... those guilty pleasures can be so fun!!
Friday, June 22, 2007
I hope you all laughed as hard as I did about that song. I cracked up and couldn't stop laughing when I found it. It was even the right length for the clip.
Of course Luke is hilarious on that Barbie 4-wheeler too but that song is just too funny. Luke loves to be up on that thing and we found if we place his hand in the right spot he can push the little button to make it go all by himself. He of course loved that even more. He also tries to get up onto her little red trike too. What a silly boy!!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
I'm watching my brother Devon this week because my mom and sister Kathryn are at Girl's Camp and my dad is in Russia on a business trip. I didn't feel like driving into town to go to the pool so I thought the kids would like to run through the sprinkler for a little while.
Luke just sat there the whole time trying (yet again) to drink the water even when it was spraying him in the face. Devon ran through it a few times and then just played with the water spouts. Cameryn, I had to drag through or run through it with her to get her anywhere near it. You can see that the water isn't turned on very high either.
They had fun though and were outside for awhile so that's always a good thing.
Monday, June 18, 2007
After playing with the water spouts for about 20 minutes he finally decided that he could crawl around and would crawl a little ways into the water and then sit. He would then crawl back to the spouts and repeat.
I love that pool. It is great for taking little kids for so many reasons. It's small so it's easier to keep track of them, there are so many toys in the water for them to play with (you see the big floating turtle in the video), and it has a beach front entrance into the water which Cameryn and Luke both loved.
Cameryn loves going to the pool but she's not one for actually getting into the water too often. She mainly likes to walk around, maybe get in up to her knees but then she gets out almost immediately. I have to bring lots of toys to keep her occupied. She does still love to play with the water spouts just as much as Luke does so that's nice since it keeps her close to me instead of wandering around (which makes me very nervous sometimes). I'm not too paranoid of a mother (at least I like to think so) but I still worry about her suddenly thinking that she'd like to get in the water in the 4 foot area or something like that. Yes, I know there are lifeguards, but still. She usually does stick around me though so that's nice.
When you take Luke out, however, he just tries to crawl right back over to it. I was trying to get all of our stuff together to leave and he kept trying to crawl over to the edge of the 4 foot area because he wanted to get back in. I'll have to watch my little man like a hawk around water.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
We came home and decided that we couldn't wait till September (her birthday) to give it to her because we wanted to see her reaction now. Not even two minutes after putting it on she was dancing and singing and twirling. She loves her "twirly Cinderella nightgown" as she calls it. She twirls around and then sits down real fast so that the dress is spread out all around her (I taught her that cause it's what I used to do with anything that twirled.. hehe). She also loves to dance with me or Mike especially when she is wearing that nightgown. We twirl and dip her and of course we have to sing a princess song while doing it all. She is such a fun little girly girl. It is so easy to buy her things that we really have to be careful to control ourselves. She now has three princess nightgowns but that is her favorite.
I'll just start with this past weekend. Last year when I was 8 months pregnant, me and some friends of mine since high school decided it would be fun to go to my friends cabin about 2 1/2 hour away for a weekend. We had so much fun talking, playing games, talking, riding on Heidi's dad's 4-wheeler, watching movies, and mainly just talking. We decided then that we should have our little girl's weekend every year.
So this year I have a 10 month old baby and am still nursing him so obviously I couldn't leave him behind. He got to be the lucky little guy with all the ladies all weekend long.
The weekend started with us leaving from Chrissy's mom's house Friday in the early afternoon. The van that Heidi was going to drive us all in didn't have any AC and of course it was in the high 90's with ALOT of humidity (per usual in Maryland). Well, my poor little man got a horrible heat rash. It was everywhere and there wasn't much I could do about it. I had some ice and a cloth diaper that I used to try to cool him down and it helped him a little bit but it was still so hot until we got about half way through our trip when the temperature finally started dropping.
He slept well that night and we were all up early and ready to go out and rent a boat for a few hours. I was a little worried about Luke but it was all for nothing as he loved being on the boat and even fell asleep for the first 30-45 minutes of the trip. The day was beautiful and we had lunch on our boat. We rented a pontoon boat so it wasn't too fast and it ended up only being about $16 dollars a person for 3 hours. We could have stayed out longer but with a baby we didn't want to push our luck. Next year though we are going to get a faster boat, rent our longer, and try tubing, but of course I won't have to bring any kids with me (yay!)
We played tons of games again and had a camp fire and smores. Luke sat with us for a little while until his bed time and tried to eat all the rocks he could. Once he realized that they didn't taste very good mixed with dead leaves he just kept handing them to everyone.
He wasn't too happy about the long car ride home and unfortunately he didn't fall asleep but over all I had a wonderful time and I can't wait till next year!!
Luke, Heidi, Annie, Jessie, and Chrissy . Luke on the boat
Luke sleeping on the boat. Playing with toys after a quick nap
Chrissy getting the wood ready to burn. Not bad for a bunch of girls!!
Luke eating rocks
Jessie with Luke and Luke with his momma