Friday, February 29, 2008

The Big 7

Today is my birthday so I thought that since I only get one every four years I would wish myself a happy birthday. I have gotten a lot of emails and phone calls from my friends and family to wish me a happy birthday, so thank you all. I wish I had a silly picture to post of myself but I'm always the one taking the pictures, not in them and I can't seem to get my camera to do the timer thing, so oh well.

Since it's my birthday, I'm just going to ramble on about whatever I want. I will try to be somewhat organized though or I'll at least keep separate topics in separate paragraphs, but don't expect to much.

So to start with since it's most on my mind is my favorite show ever, LOST!!!!!! Oh my gosh, (if you don't watch the show you can skip this paragraph cuz you won't understand what I'm talking about anyways) WOW!!!!!! Last nights episode was so awesome. Definitely one of the best this season, if not THE best so far. I LOVE LOVE LOVE DESMOND!!!! He is just such a great character and the guy who plays him is awesome. Enough about Jack/Kate/Sawyer!!!! Who cares about them. I want to see more Desmond/Penny. I was almost crying last night when they finally talked on the phone and had a big (goofy, I'm sure) smile on my face. Mike probably thought I was an idiot. I was like, "FINALLY!! Something on this show that is happy!" I mean really, what a great scene. On Christmas Eve too, how cute and sweet. Those writers never disappoint on special occasions do they. They were killing me with all those rings before Penny finally picked up though, but I knew she had to cuz they had to keep Desmond on there, I mean if they killed him off.... I don't know what I would do. That's like no Locke or Ben or Jack. I know a lot of people don't even like Jack but still, you gotta keep him on the show people, he's pretty much the main character even though it's an ensemble cast. It is weird to think thought that they have only been there three months and all that stuff has happened. How many people have died, all the relationships that have formed (good and bad), the fighting with the Others and now the supposed "rescue" boat. The "time travel" thing was so awesome and the editing back and forth was really great. I like that new guy, Daniel too. He is super weird of course but I like his character. So what I'm now wondering about is, does Penny's dad know that Desmond is one the island? Is he in charge of the people on the boat and is that why they were not allowed to answer the phone when Penny kept trying to call for Desmond? He bought that journal by the first mate on the ship the "Black Rock" which is of course now in the middle of the island that Desmond is on. This show is too good for words!!! What was happening to Desmond must have been what happened to all of Danielle's (the French lady) shipmates. She said they all died from a sickness and if you didn't know any better (it seems no one knows but the new guy, Daniel) it would seem that they were getting sick. People would think they were just delusional and with the aneurysm and then of course death, who wouldn't think everyone was just getting sick. I wonder how none of them (the people on Oceanic 815) had that happen to them in the first place when they arrived on the island. I just love that show. Please if you watch it, send me a comment or even multiple comments on what you think about this season or just yesterday's episode. I could talk about this show all the time so please let me know what you think or even just that you love the show too and watched last night if you don't feel like typing out a big long comment.

I have been playing basketball every Wednesday and am really enjoying myself. I'm not that good but I enjoy playing and having fun while I'm doing it. We play the same night as the young women so we always scrimmage them about half way through for practice and fun. I just have to say that a lot of those young women are really lazy. Most of them don't play defense and just stand in the same position every time they are on offense. They stand there like it is your job to get them the ball instead of their job to move around to get open so you can pass it to them. They had one of the adults on their team and she was the only one, along with her 9 or 10 year old son, to run down the court to play defense against my team. The rest walked to maybe half court and then stood there. We took a 2-3 minute water break and half of them collapsed on the floor like they had never worked so hard in their lives and were dying they were so tired. I was like, okay all of us adult women have had at least 2 kids and we are all on our feet waiting for you guys to make this harder for us. This past Wed. it was more fun cuz we were in the smaller gym and they had some girls show up that actually try hard. Since it was so much smaller, it was way more intense running back and forth and stuff. I did so awesome though. I was on fire on defense. I got most of the rebounds, blocked so many of the girls and made some really great passes. I've never been much of a scorer but I had a few good shots as well. I made this one block that was so awesome. I jumped so high (at least it felt that way, it probably looked like Luke did in the video I posted of him recently- haha) and just smacked that ball down and right into the arms of a teammate. I wanted to scream "GET OUTTA MY HOUSE"!!! HAHAHAHA, just kidding, I thought of that just now and laughed so I had to type it. I was so tired and sore when I got home and slept so good from being so worn out. I'm trying to get in shape starting with basketball now and when the weather warms up, I'm going to start running again.

I got something for my 10 year High School reunion coming up this year. I am actually a little bit excited to see the people I graduated with. I pretty much never see anyone from my high school except a few friends that I ran cross country and track with. I know a lot of people still live around here and in Baltimore and Virginia though. That's another reason for me to get in shape. I want to look GOOD!! I mean, really, who doesn't want to look good for those things though. I'm sure no one is thinking, how can I look really horrible for my reunion. I can't believe that it has already been 10 years, I know that sounds really cliche to say, but I don't feel 10 years older. It doesn't even feel like it has been 10 years. It's just weird to think about and I know it will be weird to see all those people again. You spend most of your life (at least the beginning) with these same people through elementary, middle and high school, play sports with them and get to kinda know most of them and then suddenly, you all graduate and you don't see them anymore. Even if you weren't friends with a lot of them, you still would see them all the time from 5-18 years old. Well, it'll be interesting at least to see what people have been up to, to see guys you used to have crushes on and friends you lost contact with.

Well, this post really has no point other than for me to just ramble on with whatever thoughts I had today. I like to every once and awhile talk about something other then my kids, like me for example, haha. I could talk about how wonderful or annoying my kids are all day long but I've been trying to get more "me" time in and this counts as a little "me" time. Thanks for reading my ramblings and I hope that I wasn't to random and scattered to understand.

No comments: