Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All play and no work...

I have been so busy these past few weeks it ridiculous. I have so many things to update on my blog and I fear I will never get to them all.

I'll just start with this past weekend. Last year when I was 8 months pregnant, me and some friends of mine since high school decided it would be fun to go to my friends cabin about 2 1/2 hour away for a weekend. We had so much fun talking, playing games, talking, riding on Heidi's dad's 4-wheeler, watching movies, and mainly just talking. We decided then that we should have our little girl's weekend every year.

So this year I have a 10 month old baby and am still nursing him so obviously I couldn't leave him behind. He got to be the lucky little guy with all the ladies all weekend long.

The weekend started with us leaving from Chrissy's mom's house Friday in the early afternoon. The van that Heidi was going to drive us all in didn't have any AC and of course it was in the high 90's with ALOT of humidity (per usual in Maryland). Well, my poor little man got a horrible heat rash. It was everywhere and there wasn't much I could do about it. I had some ice and a cloth diaper that I used to try to cool him down and it helped him a little bit but it was still so hot until we got about half way through our trip when the temperature finally started dropping.

He slept well that night and we were all up early and ready to go out and rent a boat for a few hours. I was a little worried about Luke but it was all for nothing as he loved being on the boat and even fell asleep for the first 30-45 minutes of the trip. The day was beautiful and we had lunch on our boat. We rented a pontoon boat so it wasn't too fast and it ended up only being about $16 dollars a person for 3 hours. We could have stayed out longer but with a baby we didn't want to push our luck. Next year though we are going to get a faster boat, rent our longer, and try tubing, but of course I won't have to bring any kids with me (yay!)

We played tons of games again and had a camp fire and smores. Luke sat with us for a little while until his bed time and tried to eat all the rocks he could. Once he realized that they didn't taste very good mixed with dead leaves he just kept handing them to everyone.

He wasn't too happy about the long car ride home and unfortunately he didn't fall asleep but over all I had a wonderful time and I can't wait till next year!!

Luke, Heidi, Annie, Jessie, and Chrissy . Luke on the boat

Luke sleeping on the boat. Playing with toys after a quick nap

Chrissy getting the wood ready to burn. Not bad for a bunch of girls!!

Luke eating rocks

Jessie with Luke and Luke with his momma

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That must have been so much fun. What a great thing to do as old friends. Luke looks like a pretty easy going baby.