All my posts so far I think have been all about my kids but my friend Gina tagged me with this so here goes.
The Rules: Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. Players should tag a few other people and notify them they have been tagged.
1. I really hate to cook. Breakfast of course is easy and always yummy so that's no problem. Lunch isn't too bad either I guess, but I still wish I didn't have to do it. I think the problem is that I'm not a very creative person with my cooking. I can make a few things really well but other then that I'm lost. I'm not good at cooking meats either so Mike usually does that part no matter who is actually making the dinner. I do all these things anyways of course since I have children and me and my husband need to eat to live but I HATE cooking.
2. This is in answer to Gina's #2. I DO love to run. It is weird I know, but I love to go running. Of course, I have been running since elementary school and ran Cross Country and Track in high school. I was pretty good if I do say so myself. I have recently begun working out again by following (or trying to) this program I found on the Internet and I love the days where I get to run. It's great when you hit that stride and you feel like you have all this energy and could run for hours. Unfortunately I sometimes have to miss those days because of other engagements or I just run out of time after my kids go to bed. That's my favorite time to run because the day is cooling down and there's not as much humidity.
3. I am really good at zoning out other people and noises. I have a very large family and I love to read so when I was younger and I wanted to be able to concentrate on my book (or other things) I could easily just zone everything else out. I still do it but I've been trying hard to get better about not doing it. It's very inconvenient to do since I have children now because who knows what they are getting into while I'm sitting there doing dishes while daydreaming or thinking about a book I am reading. Plus it really annoys my husband.
4. I love to read and am a pretty fast reader. I get really weird when I don't have any book to read. I feel like I'm missing something. I'm not saying I sit around all day and read (though I would like to) but I like to have something to read when I'm nursing or at night after the kids go to sleep. I need to find a book club again so that I can have more suggestions of books to read. I was in one last year but when school got out all the other moms kinda drifted off and then we never started it back up again when school was back in session.
5. Along the same lines as #4, when I find a really great book I like to try to read it a least once every year or two. I have a lot of books that I really like too. I am just that kind of person though. My favorite book is called Shadow of the Moon and I definitely make sure to read that one often. It is just too good. I've been working on my book collection and it's pretty good though there are a lot more that I want but I don't really have the room for them. I'm glad I live right down the street from the library.
6. I'm the same way with movies too. I like to watch them over and over again. My husband doesn't get that but most of my family is the same way. We like to quote and laugh about our favorite parts from our favorite movies all the time. We've even quote T.V. shows.
7. I am OBSESSED with ebay. I love going on there and looking for pretty much anything. I love the watching, the bidding, the winning (especially that), the selling, the feedback... I just love everything about ebay. I get so excited when an item I am either bidding on or selling is about to close. I will constantly refresh the page to see exactly how much time is left and if there are any new bids that I either need to outbid or just shout for joy cause I'll be getting more money!! So unfortunately this all means that I pretty much have to stay away from it unless I really do need something. I am really addicted to that site. I can spend LOTS of money there (of course while getting tons of great deals in the process).
8. I have a shameful secret. I occassionally like to watch Days of Our Lives. I know, I know, so stupid and corny, but it makes me laugh and every once in a while I like to watch all that dumb drama. I could not watch it for a whole year and catch up on all that has happened in about one week. The stories are so stupid and unreal; it's GREAT!!! I have watched it on and off for a long time actually. This one summer most of my family was watching it and we would all laugh hysterically at the stories. Ahhh... those guilty pleasures can be so fun!!
6 years ago