Monday, January 21, 2008

So Thirsty

Quick story...

So I was making some lunch for the kids and Luke, as usual, was hanging around me talking and getting into this and that. Usually when we are cooking, he likes to get into the drawer with all the cooking utensils; spatulas and wooden spoons etc. So he was playing in the drawer and pulls out a ladle. At this point I stop paying attention to go to the sink and put something in it. I turn around and Luke has the ladle up to his mouth pretending to drink out of it. Then I look again and he is not pretending anything. He had taken the ladle and dipped it into the bowl of dog water and was drinking the yummy dog water. He had the cutest little grin on his face like he was so smart to think of such a thing, what a genius way to get water when you are thirsty. I laughed and then told him no and took the ladle away to the sink. His little smile was so priceless though. I wish I had a picture of it to post.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yummy, and so satisfying. I'm sure that he will remember that spot for when he is thristy in the future!!

Gina said...

I wish you had a photo of the smart look too! What a ham! That is a great story!