Saturday, March 31, 2007

Stickers

I caught Cameryn hiding in the corner of my living room with a page full of her Princess stickers that she was putting all over her shirt.

I have been trying to find a way to avoid arguments with her over the same things every day, for example: getting dressed, brushing teeth, eating breakfast, etc.- pretty much everything except playing with toys. So I made up two little charts for her on which I drew little pictures of her doing different things. I have one chart for the day time and one for bed time. Everytime she does something on her chart, she gets to put a sticker on it. We even bought her some special Princess stickers to get her to want to do all the things on her chart even more.

Cameryn is quite the procrastinator, especially at bedtime, so I made a chart of all the things she asks me to do for her when Mike or I are trying to get her into bed. She asks for water, to go potty, and sometimes even to brush her teeth. So I figured that if she could mark all these things off on a chart with some fun stickers that she wouldn't ask me over and over again about them all.

It has been working pretty well I must say and I am so happy about it. She loves to fill up another day of stickers and is getting better about sticking with her routine, especially at night.

Though, she still gives me a hard time in the mornings most days. Sometimes I can't get her to eat breakfast until 10:00am. I don't know how she can wait that long when I feel hungry sometimes in the middle of the night. Oh well, it's always a work in progress with kids.

No comments: