Sunday, May 20, 2007

Funny happenings

I have been so busy these past few weeks and have not gotten to blogging in a long time. I'm sure I could have found a few minutes here or there but oh well.

The kids have been having a nice month so far. We've been getting in the pool a lot and going outside just to sit in our (small) front yard and play or going on walks and meeting up with friends and going to the park. You get the picture.Luke is really getting the hang of crawling and is a lot faster. He is such a busy body and I love it. I don't have a baby constantly wanting me to pick him up because he can crawl now.. it is WONDERFUL!! Of course when he is getting tired or just wants to be held for a few minutes he will crawl to me and sob and I of course pick him up.

He loves to carry things around in his mouth too. He's like a little puppy sometimes.

He has become quite the headbanger. I've never seen a baby do this. Cameryn would sometimes bonk heads with people for fun but Luke is a totally different story. He crawls up to walls or doors (or my leg) and just bangs his head into it over and over and over. At first I was worried but my mom read me something from a book about babies that do that and it pretty much said not to make a big deal about it or later on they might realize that they can get things they want by banging their head into things and throwing fits. So I'm not going to stop him unless of course he hurts himself on accident. I've been trying to get a good video of him doing it but I never have my camera ready and by the time I get it he's done. It is pretty funny looking though.

Cameryn has found even more ways to play with him since he started crawling. We keep our cat box in our basement so Mike installed a little kitty door in the door going into the basement. Well Luke loves to go down into the basement and of course will crawl over there the second he hears the door open. Cameryn discovered that this was a really fun way to play peek-a-boo.


I didn't get the whole thing on camera like the initial peek-a-boo and giggling and laughing but you get the idea.

No comments: