Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Anniversary

Mike and I had our 6th Anniversary this past Saturday (April 14th). We all had breakfast together and then Mike went out to run errands with Cameryn. Then we all went to my parent's house for Cameryn to play, Mike to go shopping with Luke and me to mow lawns. Sounds like a dumb thing to do on an anniversary but I had promised my dad.


There is this old lady, Barbara, that lives next door to my parents and we have always tried to help her out with different things. My dad tries to take her once a week to go grocery shopping and they always invite her over for Christmas dinner. She doesn't have any family near here and never had any children so she enjoys the company. When I was younger I would always help her clean her house and I mowed her lawn up until I graduated from high school. I was paid (not very much of course) and after me my younger siblings kept it up. Last summer my dad and my brother Andrew took turns mowing and raking but they are so busy now. Her lawn is very big and VERY thick so I told my dad that I would once again take over the job. It's not much money, but I'm saving it for our trip to Utah this summer. Plus, I just don't think that my dad should have to do it.


Anyways, it took me a long time to mow it but I finally finished and Mike and I went home to shower and go out to eat. We took Luke with us but left Cameryn at my mom's so we could have a little bit of time to ourselves. She was having more fun there anyways. We went to T.G.I. Fridays and it was so good. I love that restaurant. Luke of course was the cutest thing in the whole restaurant and our server couldn't get enough of him. We had a nice dinner and went to pick up Cameryn from my mom's. She didn't want to leave of course even though she had been there since about 1:30 that afternoon. We finally all got in the car and went home.


Mike got me a beautiful necklace with diamonds in it on this really pretty, really thin silver chain. I can't wear it too much though because Luke is drawn to anything dangly, like hair and necklaces. I'm never one to really make big deals about days, birthdays, anniversaries, Valentines Day (which I really don't like) so in my opinion it turned out to be a very wonderful, nice anniversary. I don't even mind when we have to bring kids along with us either.

This is just a cute picture of Luke that I took yesterday (and really when is he not cute). I always thought this outfit that someone bought him was kinda ugly but as I am running out of winter clothes that fit his hunky chunky little body I put it on him. Lo and behold it was so adorable on him that I am kicking myself for not putting it on him earlier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!