Friday, June 27, 2008

Some news

I have a whole bunch of pics I am trying to put together about my brother Ezra leaving on his mission. I'm waiting on getting some more pics from my sister Jessica when her and my other sisters dropped him off at the MTC.

Anyways, not much else going on here. Devon gave Luke a hat and he now wants to wear it all the time. He would never really keep any hat on but this one he just loves. He thinks Devon and Kathryn are the best so I'm not surprised that he loves that hat. It is really too big for him but he loves it anyways.

He can say Devon pretty well but for whatever reason he calls my sister Kathryn, "Boss". It is really cute!! He's been saying that for awhile but I never knew what he was talking about until he said it around Kathryn and pointed at her. It is so funny. Who knows how he came up with it though. It's not anywhere close to her name.

He is starting to speak better as well. He is putting together sentences and other people can tell what he is saying now too. I don't always have to decipher his words and meanings for everyone. Last Sunday, he even was good in nursery after I left with about 45 min. left of church. He only cried twice and for just a short time period!! Yay, he's slowly getting better. He will be turning 2 in one month!!

Cameryn is still being her difficult 3 year old self right now, but we're dealing with it. I still have no new ideas but I'm really looking forward to her being four. I've heard good things (mostly) about four year olds.

I still like to peak in at her while she is playing by herself in her room. She is usually playing with something Princesses and it is so cute to hear her sing and do her little voices for the princesses and the one or two princes she has. Usually while I'm watching her the princesses are nicely arguing and/or sharing one prince. It's so cute.

We've been going to the park and just outside alot recently. Luke is starting to think that he doesn't need naps anymore and I'm not ready for that yet. I need to make sure he is nice and tired out from a morning of playing.

I'm doing okay myself. I have finally decided that I needed to go see the dentist. I haven't been in years (stupid I know, but I'm learning my own lesson now so no lectures). We don't have dental insurance so I've had to save up some money to go. I had my initial visit on Monday and they took x-rays and pictures and did a whole work up on all the things that I need to do to have my mouth be perfect (or close to it). I've never had a cavity so this kinda sucks but that's what happens when you neglect yourself. I decided to get the most expensive stuff out of the way first and got my two upper wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. They had an opening for the very next day so I thought, why wait. My wisdom teeth on top were already out so they only had to pull them instead of going digging which was nice. I've already had my left bottom one out in an emergency thing right after Cameryn was born. It was impacting on my gums and was making my whole mouth hurt so they took it out. That was really expensive though cuz it was partially under my jaw bone so they had to break the tooth in half and pull out both halves. My other one on the bottom is almost completely under my jaw bone, so he said I'll most likely not have any problems with that one and can leave it be. Anyways, it was very quick and easy and I've had relatively little pain from it which is really nice considering that the vicodin they gave me makes me really super nauseous. They gave me that and some 600 mg Ibuprofen which work good during the day. I do take the other stuff at night though that way I can sleep off the gross feeling but also be pain free at night. I've got my super-de-super cleaning coming up that I scheduled but couldn't get in sooner then a month later and then after that all my money will be gone for awhile. I'll have to save up some more quickly to get all my fillings taking care of cuz I really don't want to charge them, but I might have to if it takes to long to save up the money. They have a really good plan for that stuff though so I should be fine either way.

I'm still on medicine for my thyroid so I'm feeling good. I went to see my specialist this past Wednesday and they took more blood to redo the tests and see were my levels are right now. There is another test that they wanted to do but I have to be off the medicine for at least 10 days and I'm not ready to go back to being sick again. My doctor said they will adjust my medicine if they need to after they get my results back and then we will go from there. She doesn't want me to have to go off the medicine either since I have two little kids so I'm grateful for that. I have to go back and see her again in about 6 weeks.

After my appointment, I went out to lunch with 2 people I used to work with down in Rockville, where my specialist office was. It was really fun to hang out with them and talk again. I have been seeing Amanda more often lately and we email back and forth too but I haven't talked to Carolyn in a while. It was so nice to see her. We sat next to each other for about 3-4 years so it was fun catching up. I told them we could have lunch again when I have my next appointment in six weeks so at least I have one thing to look forward to.

Luke with his new hat on.

Cameryn dancing to Princess songs

Cameryn with our kitten Chipmunk (she named it).

1 comment:

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

When you posted this long ago the whole "boss" nickname made me laugh. I am laughing again rereading this. I should start calling Liam that! Holy Cow he is bossy!

The prince and princess talk is so cute! She is so her mother!